For a few weeks I have been running an Internet facing NAV Server. This server is using “NAVUserPassword” authentication and a SSL certificate.
Everything was working as planned until a few days ago when I was using my PowerShell scripts to install the newest knowledge base package, Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 (Build 36035).
When I opened the client after the update a new version was downloaded and started. However, I got an error.
FaultCode = „InvalidSecurity“
Reason = „An error occurred when verifying security for the message.“
I rolled back the upgrade and tried again with the same error. This was the strangest thing.
The Web Client was working perfectly but not the Windows Client.
As I was walking and wandering the solution dropped in. I recognized that a secure connection is established with by using the date and time of both the client and the server. I sat back down and checked – the clock on my server was 6 minutes late!
I set the clock and retried the connection – successfully !