Back in the end of 2014 I published a renumbering tool for NAV objects. Using DotNet I was able to increase the renumbering speed for text object files dramatically.
Since then I have been asked if I could upgrade it to work with IDs and Field Numbers.
Now I have.
What’s more, it is also on GitHub.
The Process functions are the following;
- Read Object Lines – Creates renumbering lines base on the objects in the selected object file.
- Suggest IDs – Suggest new object numbers in the range from 50.000 based on the available objects in the current license.
- Read from Excel – Reads object renumbering lines from Excel Sheet created with the Write to Excel process.
- Write to Excel – Writes current renumbering lines to a new Excel Sheet to me managed within Excel and reread into the renumbering lines.
- Renumber Using Lines – Prompts for a file to read and for a new file to save with renumbered objects based on the rules in the renumbering lines.
- Renumber Using Controls – Prompts for a file to read and for a new file to save with renumbered objects based on the rules in the control IDs setup.
I have done some fixes to the renumbering function and have added support for the EventSubscriber.
Go to GitHub to download Page and Table 50000, try this out and submit improvements.
When I am processing an object file I have it open in my text editor. When I see something to renumber I update the control ranges and execute the renumbering process, reading and writing to the same object file. My editor will reload the file and I can see the results immediately.