I have installed NAV 2013 on a Windows 2008 Server. Everything is working fine and it is time to create the OneClick installation source. I followed the documentation from Microsoft. Make sure that when you install NAV 2013 to select ClickOnce Installer Tools.
I first found that the SDK needed for the mage.exe command is not available on the server. I downloaded and installed Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 from Microsoft.
I created the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NAV2013Beta as the source for deployment and the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NAV2013Beta\Deployment\ApplicationFiles for the application. I created a read only share for the folder NAV2013Beta. I copied everything from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\RoleTailored Client to this folder.
I found the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70 and copied the ClientUserSettings.config file to my C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NAV2013Beta\Deployment\ApplicationFiles folder. First I made sure that the server was not set to localhost but to the network server name.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <appSettings> <!-- Name of the machine hosting the Microsoft Dynamics Nav Server to be connected to. --> <add key="Server" value="nav2013.dynamics.is"/>
I found the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\ClickOnce Installer Tools\TemplateFiles and copied all files to my C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NAV2013Beta folder, selecting to merge the Deployment folder.
Next I opened Command Prompt and typed
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin cd "\inetpub\wwwroot\NAV2013Beta\Deployment\ApplicationFiles" mage.exe -Update Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest -FromDirectory .\
I got the following errors
Warning MSB3112: Two or more assemblies have the same identity 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.OpenXml, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35, ProcessorArchitecture=msil'. Warning MSB3182: File name 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NAV2013Beta\Deployment\ApplicationFiles\Add-ins\CodeViewer\EditorComponents\Microsoft.VisualStudio.UI.Text.Wpf.KeyProcessor.Implementation.dll' exceeds 100 characters. Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest successfully updated. However, some errors were encountered.
Decided to remove the Development Client and only install the Role Tailored Client and restarted the process and got a better result.
Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest successfully updated
Continuing in the command prompt
cd .. mage.exe -Update Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.application -AppManifest \\nav2013\NAV2013Beta\Deployment\ApplicationFiles\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest -AppCodeBase \\nav2013\nav2013beta\Deployment\ApplicationFiles\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest mage.exe
I change the Name to identify the installation
I changed the description
and I needed to change the Start Location
Again, I saved the file selecting not to sign it.
In my \\nav2013\NAV2013Beta folder I used Word to create the Software License Terms for my company and saved is as Rich Text Format as PartnerSolutionLicense.rtf.
Then I opened the NAVClientInstallation.html file in Notepad and removed the TODO both for the text and for the link.
Next I tried the installation by browsing to the folder \\nav2013\NAV2013Beta on a Windows 2008 Remote Desktop Server and double clicking on NAVClientInstallation.html file. After a few click I had my NAV 2013 Beta up and running.